New Wave members support each other to:
- Learn self advocacy skills.
- Share ideas and speak up about problems they have.
- Raise awareness about issues people with disabilities face.
- Get involved in making decisions in their own lives.
- Sit on government advisory boards, disability advisory panels, and other panels to make sure their voices are heard.
- Advise and run training for agencies and give presentations in the community.
- Learn about the NDIS and have input into the type and quality of service to be provided.
If you want to do these things too then please visit us!