Bass Coast group
New Wave Bass Coast is a self advocacy group run by and for people with Intellectual Disability and Acquired Brain Injury based in Wonthaggi, Gippsland.
Self advocacy groups are run by people with disabilities who have joined together to support each other and to have their voices heard.
We work to make sure we have the same rights, choices, and opportunities as anyone else in the community.
We are always open to new members, get in contact with us if you’d like to join or to hear more about our group!
Examples of things the group does:
- Go to meetings
- Share ideas
- Get new members together
- Provide a space for training about self-advocacy
- Encourages other members to stand up for their rights
- Have a say in the local community
What the group offers members:
- Learning new skills like how to chair a meeting
- A chance to meet new members
- Learning self advocacy skills together with each other’s support
When the group meets
Fortnightly Thursdays 10.00am-11.30am
Where we meet
Wonthaggi Neighbourhood Centre at Mitchell House, 6 Murray Street Wonthaggi VIC 3995.
Note: You can also join our meetings on zoom
Group contact details
If you want to talk with someone from New Wave Morwell, or you want to become a member of this group, you can contact Paul or Glenda.