New Wave Leongatha is a self advocacy group run by and for people with Intellectual Disability and Acquired Brain Injury based in Leongatha, Gippsland.
Self advocacy groups are run by people with disabilities who have joined together to support each other and to have their voices heard.
We work to make sure they have the same rights, choices, and opportunities as anyone else in the community.
We are always open to new members, get in contact with us if you’d like to join or to hear more about our group!
What we do as a group:
- Speak up about our rights
- Go to self advocacy events and trainings
- Stand up for each other and others
- Work together to make change happen
- Network with other self advocacy groups
- Work with governments, services and the community
- Organise fun social events for group members
- Meet new people
What we offer members:
- A place to learn about standing up for your rights and self advocacy
- A supportive social group
- A way to get involved in the community
When the group meets
Fortnightly Tuesdays 10.00am-11.30am
Where we meet
South Gippsland and Bass Coast LLEN, 71 Ogilvy Street Leongatha VIC 3953.
You can also join our meetings on zoom.